Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop! (And PTPD Challenge #5)



I'm actually participating in the Papertrey Blog Hop for May--woo hoo, my first blog hop of any kind! The only requirement was to use PTI's fabulous felt . . . so I felt I could combine the Hop with Papertrey Paper Dolls 5th challenge, which was to use the PTI colors Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, and Berry Sorbet. I can honestly say I have never used that color combo before, and I LOVE it! It will get used again!

I have all the felt that has been released so far, but--confession here--I hadn't used any of it! So this Blog Hop was good for me because it made me try something new. I went for a simple card, no sense taking on something complex when trying something for the first time. A base of Dark Chocolate, corners rounded at the top, is topped by a piece of Dotty Biscotti (first use of that too), edged with a border punch on the bottom and corner rounder on the top. Some Berry Sorbet saddle stitched ribbon and a Berry Sorbet button line up above the punched border, and the ribbon is stamped with a PTI sentiment in Staz-On ink. Then for the felt! I had recently gotten this set of heart nesties and decided to use 'em and see what happened. I ran each heart through my Spellbinder twice, and the felt cut almost completely. A few snips with the scissors and they came out clean. I love that the felt can be cut with nesties--it opens up a lot more possibilities! I added three little pearls to the rightmost heart, and it was done! Thanks for looking, and if you leave a comment, thank you again! You guys often put a smile on my face for the day with your kind words!

Supplies
Stamp: PTI--Beyond Basic Borders
Paper: PTI--Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Dotty Biscotti PP
Felt: PTI--Hawaiian Shores
Ribbon: PTI--Berry Sorbet
Button: PTI--Berry Sorbet
Ink: Staz-On--Timber Brown
Pearls: Recollections
Border Punch: Fiskars
Dies: Spellbinders

37 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Your card makes quite an impact! Those felt hearts really pop! I love the added bling. You did a great job balancing the colors in the challenge, which is not an easy task. I don't have the heart nesties yet, but am seriously considering it after seeing your card. Thanks for playing in our challenge!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful.. love the turquoise accents... love it!

Rosanne said...

Cute card!

Karen H. said...

Great card Jill. Love the pearls.

Nerina said...

Congrats on your first Blog Hop! Love your colour mix here - and those hearts just FEEL fuzzy right through my screen!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you're having fun on your first blog hop; we're glad to see you here. Cute card, the turquoise hearts are great on the Biscotti paper.

Mariah said...

Soooo cute...I definitely have to get those nesties now!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty Jill! I love the hearts, and the colors, really FAB!

Rhonda said...

Glad you participated! Love the hearts.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Cute hearts.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE thos hearts on the dottie biscotti!!

Samantha said...

The hearts look great against the dotty paper!

Terri said...

Nice job. Glad you could join us this month too.

Amy Kolling said...

Love how you decorated the inside of the card!!

Jen Carter said...

That's so pretty!

peggysue said...

That is a nice color combo. Great card!

jen said...

Welcome to hopping- you WILL be hooked!! ;)
I love this color combo too & your card is great! :)

Lorraine said...

Your card is adorable - want to touch the fuzzy felt! Your colors make the hearts pop off the page and the design is so balanced. Great!

Caryn said...

Stunning card - LOVE that HS felt - yummy!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Laurie said...

Hi Jill!! Love those hearts! What a great card!

Marge said...

Very sweet!

BethieJ said...

Happy 1st Blog Hop!! Your card is so CUTE! I love the hearts!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Tanya said...

Very fab card!! I love the color combo.

Cammie said...

So glad you joined the hop! I love your card. Those felt hearts are fantastic on the dotty biscotti paper. The berry sorbet ribbon and button are beautiful with the hs hearts, and the pearls are the perfect addition! Well done!

Unknown said...

This is adorable, Jill!!! Love it!

Chris Simon said...

Great design, great color combo!

Elizabeth S. said...

Pretty!! Love the Hawaiian Shores hearts.

Brenda said...

I love that turquoise felt, and kudos to you for using some! :) I hoard my supplies too sometimes, or I order it and then can't figure out what to do with it.
Your card is great.

Suzanne said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the felt hearts!

Mandy said...

Lovely, Jill!

Linda W said...

Love the colors - love the card! Great use of the felt!

Anonymous said...

I love the felt hearts, and the colors are so great together! Great card!

Kim said...

Very cute! I love the colors and the dotty paper!

Sue Plote said...

Welcome to the hop! Your card is so cute - you just have to love anything with Miss Dotty Biscotti on it!

Lisa Voerg said...

Congrats on your first hop. I love your card and how you put the color challenge together. Thanks for stopping by the PtI paper doll blog.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super cute! Love those felt hearts. And welcome to the blog hop this month. Hope to see you again in June!

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! Love the hearts. Thanks for sharing :)