Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #4

I like to play along with the Paper Dolls. Why? Because they're such a nice bunch! And they have fun challenges . . . although I found this one, to make a masculine and feminine version of the same card CHALLENGING! I decided to go embarrassingly basic, which seemed to work as you can certainly tell which one is which! :-D I used a basic-sized card, the Mat Stack Die #1, the sentiment, "Thank You" and buttons & trim on both, switching up the color scheme and "feel." Not my best work, but I did enjoy stretching my comfort zone.

Supplies--Feminine Card
Stamp: PTI--Asian Fusion
Paper: Stash
Punch: Martha Stewart
Die: PTI--Mat Stack #1
Ribbon: Michael's
Floss: DMC
Buttons: Stash
Ink: Tsukineko--Versacolor Opera Pink & Petal Pink
Embossing Powder: Ranger--Clear Super Fine Detail

Supplies--Masculine Card
Stamp: Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: PTI--Rustic White; stash
Ink: Ranger--Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Embossing Powder: Ranger--Brushed Corduroy Distress Embossing Powder
Die: PTI--Mat Stack #1
Buttons: Dress It Up
Twine: PTI

15 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Thank you for playing along!! I think your cards turned out great!! The different versions you came up with are so fun and each unique in their own way! Great job!!

Amy Kolling said...

I think your versions for Jen's challenge are great!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

So glad you played along with us. You did a great job with the challenge. Your cards are very cute! Love the baseballs on the masculine card.

Karen H. said...

Challenging or not, you did a great job! Both cards are great. I love the ball buttons on the masculine card!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards! I like the idea of masculine and feminine version of the same card challenge. You have done a wonderful take on the challenge, Jill!

Sue Ann said...

Great job on your challenge ........ I think both thank you notes turned out GREAT!!!

Dana said...

These are really striking, even if you call them basic Jill. I love the simple BG with the intricate die and center focus...awesome.

Keva said...

Oh gosh..yeah, that would have been a hard challenge. I can't really think of my cards in two different ways cause its more than just about changing the colors and calling it masculine. You did a great job here, though. Both cards totally stamd alone and it doesn't feel like you just changed the colors and called it a day. I love them both!

Janis said...

I think you did a great job on the challenge! It's so hard to make masculine cards when we are so use to adding girly things to our cards. Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are really great! Love your use of the mat stack 1 dies with the buttons and twine/lace!

Christi said...

I think both cards are terrific.

Lorraine said...

You did a great job on the challenge. Love love the deep pink on your girl card and the baseball buttons on the boy card! Definitely can tell the difference!

Katie said...

This was a tricky one, wasn't it? You did a great job, though...love those baseball buttons!

Unknown said...

Very nicely done, Jill! They are both great cards!!!

Lisa Voerg said...

Thanks for joining us for the challenge. Your cards are beautiful.