Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #3


I was determined to get my card uploaded in time this week, LOL, and it looks like I did it (whew!). I do not do CAS naturally, so I was eager to give this sketch a try to stretch my boundaries. I made a teeny little card (about 3.75"x3.75") to fit in PTI's 4"x4" envelopes. I hesitate to say how long this took me, but let's just say that smaller does not mean shorter in my creative space! You can't really see it in the picture, but on the Enchanted Evening layer is debossing from PTI's Tin Types Impression Plate, with some glitter in each of the round depressions. Trust me, it looks cute in person! :-D

Supplies
Stamp: PTI--Piece of Cake
Paper: PTI--Enchanted Evening; stash
Ink: PTI--Ocean Tides
Ribbon: PTI--Enchanted Evening
Button: Stash
Punch: Corner Chomper
Debossing Plate: PTI--Tin Types
Pen: Sakura--Gelly Roll Clear Glitter

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looks like a cute & happy card to me! I know what you mean about time - CAS, smaller, simple - I always take a long time. I like the corners and the ribbon sticking out.

Laurie said...

Jill, I love this! Those corners are adorable!!

Amy Kolling said...

I really like how you've done the corners on this!! Neat touch!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Cute card! Love the shape of your card. Thanks for playing along.

Katie said...

Oh I love this...the corners are such a great way to add some spice to the sketch. Thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

Pretty card, the colors are really pretty! Have a nice day!

Christi said...

such a cute card! I love the shape!

Janis said...

This is really cute Jill! I love the colours.

Lisa Voerg said...

I love this card. The shape and color are perfect. Thanks for joining us.

Anonymous said...

CAS is my favorite and this is great!

Chris said...

Ohh - so elegant! Beautiful colours and great style!

Brenda said...

I really like those colors together and that looks like a fun sketch to try out!

Pat said...

The corner treatment and the way the ribbon extends beyond the card really make this special.

Michelle said...

Love that shape - - and the colors are great together. Need to remember about shaped cards like this instead of always so square!

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Jill!!! Great colors!