Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday

Sorry I've been absent awhile--I've been sick, I'm still sick. Haven't felt like doing much beyond work and home (and the hospital--did I mention that my mom's in the hospital? Double pneumonia. She's doing well.) I'm going to the doc tomorrow as whatever I have just won't go away. I've missed commenting on blogs and such, and I'm hoping to get back to that soon! In the meantime, I really wanted to at least post something, so here's a birthday card I made for my BFF. Her birthday is tomorrow, June 1. I had an idea in mind before I made this, but during the PTI blog hop on the 25th, I saw a card that totally inspired me. I loved the whole card, but the part that most grabbed me was the PTI background Tin Types stamp used twice, once in black, once in white, and I just had to incorporate into this card. Here's the original, by Laurie at SoapBoxCreations. Isn't it great? So here's my take, along with the gifts, which I tried to wrap to match. Now if I can just feel better so I can take my friend out to dinner and give her her birthday goodies!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI--Signature Greetings, Damask Designs, Fall Elegance & Background Basics: Tin Types
Sticker: Making Memories
Paper: PTI--Soft Stone; PP--Digital Designs
Velvet Ribbon: Michaels
Embossing Strip: Cuttlebug
Die: Spellbinders
Ink: PTI--Fresh Snow; Tsukineko--Onyx Black

10 comments:

Karen H. said...

Whew - hope you feel better soon (and glad to hear your mom is feeling better).

Beautiful card! Love the tin type background - that is a cool way to stamp them.

Lorraine said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! So elegant! Your friend will love it.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Your mom, too!

Unknown said...

Love this!! so elegant..I am sure ur friend gonna love this gift set, couldnt be prettier! I hope your mom recovers soon!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a gorgeous set, Jill! I hope you and your mom are on the mend very soon!

Cathy Weber said...

This really is a gorgeous card. I zoomed in really close to check out all the detail of the double stamping. It is such an elegant card. Beautiful.

Pat said...

I, too, had to zoom in to see that double stamping. Very cool color combo - so elegant. I'll have to give it a try. Your friend is gonna love her gift! Feel better.

Brenda said...

Beautiful!!! I'll bet your friend just loved it. It's so elegant and I love the double stamping idea. Genius!
I hope you feel better soon. It sure is no fun being sick. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. This is such a striking set. I just love black and white--it's so elegant.

Diane Jaquay said...

Stunning gift set Jill!! I always love to see a black and white color scheme, it screams ELEGANCE! Sorry you and your mom have been sick, hope you're both on the mend very soon!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Jill!!!