Thursday, May 6, 2010

Be Still . . .

This was a rare thing . . . a spontaneous card! I was flipping through my folder of purple scraps and I just felt an urge to use the sparkly background paper. Then I found a sparkly flower that matched the pink perfectly, and the stamp already sitting on the table . . . and I had a card. I used an embossing pen for the sparkly embossing powder around the edge of the purple flower layer and it worked great! I had to do it in stages as I thought the fluid might dry too much if I did the whole flower at once. Add some ric rac and a border punch and I was done. Simple and easy, but it will be nice to have in the old card stash for whenever I might need it.

Supplies
Stamp: Verve--Psalm 46:10
Paper: PTI Spring Rain, stash
Ric Rac: Stash
Flowers: Doodlebug Design, Prima
Rhinestone: Recollections (you can't tell in the picture, but it's the borealis kind--love those!)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous--Crystal
Border Punch: EK Success LE
Ink: Ranger--Dusty Concord; Versafine--Onyx Black
Die: Spellbinders--Blossom

7 comments:

Karen H. said...

Spontaneous cards are the best :) Love all the sparkly touches.

Dana said...

Oooh, look at that sparkly flower! So fun Jill!

Rhonda said...

Love the light purple fehind the sentiment. Did you use an airgun?

Barbara said...

So pretty! Love the layout and color combo!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Jill! Everything goes together beautifully!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Don't you just love it when something comes together like that?

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty! I love the colors, and the way you placed the Spellbinder blossoms (I have this set coming my way as I type!) Love that sentiment too :)