Friday, August 20, 2010

HEC #9

And now for something completely different . . . Ted's challenge on Happily Ever Crafter for August was to keep it simple, stamps and pens only. This was really, really hard for me. I had a basic idea, but as I made the card, I kept starting to reach for dies . . . more cardstock . . . glitter . . . you name it. :-) Well, I did finally get something I liked, despite so-so masking and some questionable stamp lining up, LOL! I used a PTI set that hadn't seen love in awhile, Garden of Life. With the small leaf image, I stamped "grass" in various green inks. I stamped and masked FF #5, then stamped the two-step flowers. I colored their centers with a glittery pen, and then added the sentiment to the center of the Fillable Frame. It's actually a long sentiment, all one line, so I had to break it up by inking one part at a time. There! Something I'm pretty sure I haven't done before--a one-layer card! Think you're up to the challenge? Details are here on Ted's blog.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI--Garden of Life; Fillable Frames #5
Paper: PTI--Vintage Cream
Ink: PTI--Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Plum Pudding, Terracotta Tile & Dark Chocolate; Color Box--Yellow Citrus
Pens: atyou Spica--Red & Yellow

17 comments:

Laurie said...

So cute! Love the masking!

Kara said...

really cute..i love that the flowers don't line up!

Sue Ann said...

Great masking and ADORABLE!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a FUN, HAPPY, wonderful one layer card this is Jill!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super card! Very pretty.

Terri said...

What a happy card! I have problems with one layer cards too but you did a great job on it.

Michelle said...

One-layer would kill me - ROTFL But you have a lot of color going on with that big frame in the middle...certainly will cut down on the postage *giggles* This is a cheery one!

Noora said...

Beautiful, well done Jill, I love it how u used the leaf as grass, love the masking too, neat effect!

BethieJ said...

Jill this is so CUTE! I love that you used the leaf for grass.. what a FUN idea.. and broke about the sentiment.. I am always nervous doing that! LOL!! (so I try not to! HA!)
Thank you for coming by my blog and visiting!
Hope you have a GREAT day!!!

Karen said...

This is great. Sometimes the cards that cause the most problems come out really well; this is one for sure.

Ted said...

Jill, I love this card! So merry and cheerful...and I love your masking job. I appreciate your playing along with the HEC this month! :)

Christi said...

I love how you used the fillable frame in the center of the card. It's like a big fluffy cloud in your garden.

Karen from PA said...

This is a great card! I love how you used the leaf to make the grass.

Keva said...

This is so pretty!! Love the masked flower behind the fillable frames stamp and great colors, too!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very pretty Jill! Great idea to uses the small leaf to create grass!

Michele said...

Very pretty! love the masking you did here!

Brenda said...

Jill, I love this. I love the masking with the flowers looking like they're peeking around the sentiment. Cute!