Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hello!

I'm back! Yep, disappearing-off-the-face-of-the-earth Jill is posting again! If you are still following me, I thank you, I apologize for disappearing, and I say that you are awesome! First of all, I truly do apologize for just dropping away like I did. I know I myself get worried when that happens on a blog I frequent (Is s/he okay? What's going on?) so I am not proud that I did that very thing myself.

I have not shared this before, and won't go into all the nitty gritty details, but I share caretaking duties for my very ill mother. I work during the day and take the nights, and my father works at night and takes the days. Last August, her condition got dramatically worse, and literally overnight, I had no time for papercrafting or much of anything else. I was scared for my mom, and depressed about the situation, so I even stopped visiting others' blogs because it was so painful to see all the creativity and not be able to participate. Things are looking up now, however. Mom is stable for the first time in months, and we have been able to hire a part-time caregiver three days a week! She alternates mornings and afternoons so that my dad and I each get a little respite. This means that I feel comfortable saying that I will have some time for card making again and will be posting at least once a week!

I don't regret any of the last 7 1/2 months--I would do anything for my mom, and am so blessed because her mind is not affected--but I do feel such joy at the prospect of having a creative outlet again! I can't wait to dive back into my "must see" blog friends' creations and to be a part of the community again. If I ever do disappear again, you know why and that I will eventually be back!

Now, for a card.


This is one I made for my niece last year for her first birthday and never posted.  It was the first time I used Papertrey Ink's "By the Numbers" dies, but certainly not the last.  I think I may have used those dies on most of the cards I've made since!  I have (temporarily, I hope) misplaced my sheets with my supply lists on them, so I will add that when I find them!

Maya is a doll, and she didn't know quite what to make of her celebration.  Here's a shot of her eating her cupcake with no hands (she didn't want to touch it, LOL!)
 Isn't she cute?  I may be a little biased!  ;-D

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Karen C. said...

Hi Jill!!
I love using the "By the Numbers" dies for little kid's cards ... I think it's fun for them to see their age right on the front of the card!!
Sorry to hear about your mom's illness ... but so nice to see that things are looking up and you're back to blogging!! Take care.

Renee said...

So glad to see you back!! :)
And I am so horrible...
I should have asked what was going on because I knew that I was missing your postings...
I'm just horrible! :(
But am so happy that your mom is doing better and that you're going to get some time for you...
I think you need it...
makes you a better caregiver for her...
makes you feel better inside! :)
And this card is precious...
I know mom and dad will treasure it always!
And love how she didn't want to mess up her hands...
so funny! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Well hello sweet friend I've missed you! I'm glad to see your mom is doing better and that you and your dad are there for her, such a blessing.

Your new blog page looks pretty. And this card is adorable, love the sweet little mouse!! Welcome back 😃

Unknown said...

Adorable! Card and baby Maya! Welcome back - I've been an a hiatus too. You're being a great daughter and I wish your mom all the best.

June K said...

Hi Jill, my Google Reader and I have missed you. I'm glad to hear that your mom is stable now and that her mind is affected. Please post your cards when you get a chance to create as I have enjoyed your cards in the past.

And BTW, your niece is a cutie.

Michelle Philippi said...

Well all things considered, I'm glad to see you back on the blog, Jillie Mack. And your little mousey card is adorable. Not sure where this road is going to take you, but, everything has a purpose....and you're such a good daughter on top of that. {hugs} - and I'm not a hugger either!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my beautiful Jill. You have been so missed. Hugs. I am so happy to see you back in the saddle again. I can't even begin to imagine what things have been like for you. More hugs. Yes I am thrilled to see you posting again. Enjoy your return to what you are also very good at. *happy dance*

Jen Adcock said...

...And and and cute as pie card. Lovely work!

Terri said...

Glad to see you posting again. Sorry to hear about what was going on with your mom but am happy to hear things are better now. Sweet card. Your niece is a cutie too!

Joyce said...

So glad that you are posting again, and that your mom is getting better. I forgot that we are neighbors. This is a sweet card, and your niece is a real cutie.

carol (krillsister) said...

An adorable card for an adorable child.

Lorraine said...

She's alive! She's alive! Sorry, just teasing, lol. You are such a good daughter. I hope your mom is doing better and your niece is a total cutie pie! oops, and I love your adorable mouse card!

Unknown said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet