Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Petite Posse Challenge #3


Popping in to post a quick card. This one I made for the Petite Posse Challenge #3--thanks gals for letting me play along with you! It was also supposed to be for a Color Throwdown challenge, but I didn't get it posted in time for that one. I have intended to enter a Throwdown challenge many times now, but I'm always late--it must have to do with my schedule versus when the challenge posts or something like that.

Anyway, thanks to the Papertrey Posse I thought way back to my first PTI order--the challenge was to tell how you discovered PTI, what your first stamp set was, and then to use that set. Well, I discovered PTI reading Erin Lincoln's blog one night (back when it was on CK's website--she's one of my scrapbooking idols) and she blogged about how her husband had asked her to make him some thank you cards for people at work. She pulled out a stamp set (Out On a Limb) and made the most amazing cards. They weren't cutsey! They were gorgeous! I *had* to know more about this company. I clicked on her link, and the rest is history. ;-D I had a very hard time deciding on my first order, and there have been so many since then (ahem) that I'm not 100% sure if this is what I got that first time, but I think my first order consisted of Out On a Limb, Butterfly Kisses, Borders & Corners: Square, and Borders & Corners: Circles.

So I pulled those sets out and ultimately chose to use Butterfly Kisses and Borders & Corners: Squares on my card. I intended to use a butterfly image or two, but somehow I couldn't make them work, so I used a sentiment--I still love the fonts in this set! And the dots in a square, of course. I knew when I saw them that the Borders & Corners sets would get lots of use by me and I was sure right! At the time, no one else that I knew of had anything like them and they gave me an inkling that PTI was going to be my "go to" stamp company. It think it's a great "testimony" (I don't mean to be irreverent) for PTI that I am still using my very first sets from them two years later! Anyway, I'm getting a bit long-winded here, sorry about that! For this card, I also made my first homemade ribbon flower embellishment. I've been meaning to try to make one for months and I finally did it! This one is my second try, actually. [Anjillic Tip: Hold onto one end of the stitching on the ribbon so you gather the ribbon instead of simply pulling the thread out!] This card is for one of my very few "in person" crafting friends. She's a great scrapbooker and just starting to get into cards. I knew when I saw the color combo on the Color Throwdown blog that it would be just right for her birthday card because they remind me of her.

Supplies
Stamps:
PTI--Butterfly Kisses & Borders & Corners: Square
Paper: PTI--Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet & Simply Chartreuse; stash
Ink: PTI--Enchanted Evening & Simply Chartreuse; Versacolor--Cinnamon
Ribbon: PTI--Berry Sorbet
Brad: Making Memories
Pearl: Recollections
Punches: EK Success, Fiskars
Die: Spellbinders
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug

16 comments:

Anika said...

This is so pretty! Love those colors and that ribbon flower you made!

IamDerby said...

This is lovely! The colors are so fab together.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card, Jill! Love the mix of patterns, textures & dimension.

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful! I love how you have just a big of the pink - it really pops!

Dana said...

Jill the colors in this are gorgeous! I love the embossed BG and that ribbon flower too!

Brenda Weaver said...

lovely colors and dimension! The ribbon flower is lovely!

Pat said...

Love that flower embellishment (especially with that gingham center) and that embossed background. So cute!

Diane Jaquay said...

Ooooh, how PRETTY!!! Love the ribbon flower with the gingham center, and how beautifully the colors go together on this card! Outstanding work girlie :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Jill! Love the colors you chose and your ribbon flower!!!

Terri said...

Great job. Love the colors and the embossed background. The flower came out great too.

Barbara said...

So cute! LOVE that ribbon flower!

Keva said...

Very cute! You did a perfect job on that flower and all of the colors are fun!

Unknown said...

Jill - I love this. B&C Squares was in my second order. The color combo is fantastic and on my list to try!

Erica said...

Beautiful card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely! Your ribbon flower is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for playing along. It is neat to see how everyone found PTI! Your card is beautiful. You did an awesome job on your flower and that embossing folder is a must have!